"Unable to authenticate with your server"

I recently moved from Rackspace to Dreamhost for my website. When trying to update my SFTP settings, I’m getting an ‘Unable to authenticate with your server’. I’m using the same credentials that I’m successfully able to connect to Dreamweaver with.

I just replied to your help request with more details, but it sounds like DreamHost might be blocking our IP address. I’d check with them to see if that’s the case.

Version 5 (accounts created before April 17, 2019): 45.55.90.199

Version 7 (accounts created on or after April 17, 2019): 162.243.9.115

According to DreamHost support, those two IP addresses are not being blocked. How does the Version 7 upgrade work if we have a re-seller account? You mentioned that the connection was working properly in v7.

You mentioned that the connection was working properly in v7.

In your original help request, I tested the site in question and it was connecting fine in version 7. It’s a different SFTP library under the hood, so that might have something to do with it. (Although I haven’t heard any other recent reports of DreamHost SFTP not working in V5.)

How does the Version 7 upgrade work if we have a re-seller account?

It’s a manual process for the time being. You can create a new account here, which will be completely separate from your old account: https://www.surrealcms.com/signup.html

Once you’ve got it setup and you’re happy with it, you can add your users and have them switch over before shutting down the old account.

Hoping to have the automated upgrade available sometime soon!

Hi, I am trying Surreal CMS and I got the same message “Unable to authenticate with your server.”, I contacted my webhost to see if the IP of Surreal wasn’t bloqued, and apparently It’s not.
I put the right info of my FTP connexion and the right URL of my website, I try to put the path of the folder but It does the same error.

Does someone could help me to figure out?
Thank you!

Were you able to get this worked out? If you’re still having trouble, feel free to submit a help request so I can take a closer look at the site in question.