7.0: Thoughts on New Pricing

@cory… Wow, so in other words, you’ve just dropped the proposed $39 plan altogether and added white label to the $19 plan (which remains unlimited). That’s more generous than most of the ideas we’ve all been proposing! :smiley:

Yep, and that just happens to include me at the moment—I’d be paying about twice as much as I do now. :slightly_frowning_face: I do still think some of our earlier suggestions would be fairer (as in you pay for what you use), but it’s hard to argue with the value of your $19 plan.

I think we can see just how important simplicity of pricing is to you Cory. And you can’t get much simpler than your latest proposal.

Any chance I can keep using the current version of Surreal until I’m ready to upgrade and pay the extra?? (I’m guessing not, but hey, I had to ask.)

The current version will remain online for a period of time to let users upgrade at their leisure. Historically, all major versions have had up to one year.

While I hope to see everyone upgrade much sooner than that, I understand that it takes time to update documentation and get users familiar with new things. Users will remain on their current plans until they choose to upgrade.

I’m still a couple weeks out for the beta, but the majority of what’s left is the marketing website and upgrade scripts. I’m still trying hard for a release this month, though!

I was thinking $5 per site max but I really like $19 plan much better now.

If you want some extra help, I’m available to tie up some loose ends. :slight_smile:

Thanks Cory. A year to upgrade sounds very reasonable.